Skip to main content

New Year Rant!

Warning - Personal post ahead or rather rants, don't read if you don't like rantings or hate posts on personal opinions.
Image result for rant
image courtesy : google
It's New Year again!
The first night of the year 2017, and here I'm typing words..no no.. Typing my random thoughts which are bombarding the mind.
It's funny isn't it, how nothing changes yet a year passed by and when we reflect our present situation, we never anticipated we would end up here!
And also it's this time of year where your inbox is filled with wishes, relatives, friends, acquaintances, family friends etc etc who send and some call you midnight to wish you. And this circle includes close and not so close ones.
Why this rush to wish?! Where were these people all the other days? Do they wish just for the sake of it? Or do they really care?!
I never know.. These are just my personal thoughts.
As far as I'm concerned my night viz, 31st night was pretty much same and I went to bed at 11.15 p.m and I was fast asleep by 12 until my mother woke me up!!
I had switched off my phone but the universe had other plans and so I promptly went around the home wishing my family with a sleepy face, they were busy on phones which was thrust into my hands as the people on the line, the so called relatives wanted to wish and then there was knock by the neighbors, who now are like extended family!! No kidding!
There's something about these phone calls I tell you! I stand sleepy eyed holding the phone and they on the other hand utter a happy new year followed by please hand over the phone to your mom or wait your uncle wants to wish and so it goes until each member of their family wishes me and the last asks me to pass my phone to other family members and the cycle repeats!! And sometimes after wishing you don't know what to talk next! It happened with me sometimes I stutter or murmur not knowing what to say and the awkward silence seeps in.. And I end up passing the phone to others.. Maybe these things just happen with me.
Anyway, there was a time when even I was eager to wish and call.. I remember when I was a school going girl we used to celebrate it by cutting cake and watching the fireworks at the top of terrace. But not anymore, maybe because some wishes were fake! Ah one never knows isn't it?
I remember the year when my close uncle had called me on a new year's night and for the next new year is was no more, passed away days before new year, I didn't wish anyone that night.
I remember that last new year morning I wished someone who was close to me and this morning I felt pain because I can longer wish because we parted ways. Funny that I still yearn to wish and he may not even spare a thought!

Image result for rant
pic courtesy : google

But it's all part and parcel of life, so let me take it in my stride.
And this new year who ever wishes me or not, I believe it's important to wish myself, and make myself happy.
Treat myself good, and spread smiles.
And let me end my rants here with a note - you may or may not have resolutions for this year, but don't forget to be happy, buy that book you wanted to read, go to that place you always to go, cook/order something that you want to eat, talk to people you wanted to but avoided for various reasons. Plan a vacation, chase your dreams that you had boxed up for long. Express your feelings. Voice your thoughts.
Live your life. Spread love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drop in the Ocean

This Post has been chosen by Blogadda team for the WOW Prompt - A Drop in the Ocean


I watched the butterfly flutter around flowers in delight enjoying the company of just bloomed flowers, what a beauty life is, I think everyone would have come across this line - "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a Butterfly"
And I am still a caterpillar cocooned in a shell, wanting to explore the world yet chained down..

****************************************************************************

*a few years back*

The noises in and around didn't make much sense, a way to end it all was the only thing looked forward.

How did I end up here was the constant question buzzing in my head, half baked advises, half baked understanding and dreams everything pushed me far from thinking straight, after all I was just another student who had cleared her 12th exams - PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology), the pride of parents, a tag to boast! 
Just another stude…

Known Stranger

It was another sleepless night for me, where past and future fought my attention.
Tired of heeding their request I switch on my phone and scroll through the feed on a social platform, a series on photography catch my eye,a new one in my following list. I 'like' those black and white pictures,
While a new message pops up from the photographer of course.
A simple banter follows by two bored human beings, a basic hi hello and background of present status, were the typical q and a. Deciding to call it a day, I am about to type a good night, when I get a message asking to send the song I'm listening.
Exchanging the link of songs,I paste the link ready to hear, but what fills my ear jolts my heart. It's a familiar song, which was played in loop day and night. Mind feels clogged and then memories rush causing blurred visions of all those halcyon days. Sleep which hovered above few minutes back is nowhere to be seen. Pain and love pound the walls of my heart, my mind numbs while my s…

A Confession

Your name had drawn me to you. Yes, Even before I saw you, your name held a curiosity;
And that is the reason I spoke to you.
We acknowledged our friendship and it was normal for both of us. But somewhere I had my doubts as to what you really are. Kinda bad boy?, my mind questioned a lot.
But you made me feel comfortable around you.  And that was all I wanted.

As days passed,we were much more ease with one another. You never pretended, which I liked most.
You are not the Oh sooo sweeet guy type. But more of bitter.. Bittersweet guy..
A caring guy. I felt your care almost always! But you also teased me, called me names.. But then it all made us much closer.

And we became Best Friends!! :) :)

Days,months,years passed in blink of eye

But in all these whirlwind I liked you so much..Or much more than that
I am not sure whether you realized it or not but I took my time for the realization to sink in.
Was it just like? or did I get attached to you.. I couldn't find answer.
But I think you guessed it…